How to Vote Using a Hand-Marked Paper Ballot:
1. Getting started
- After you check in, a poll worker will hand you a ballot.
- Take your ballot to a ballot marking station, where you will mark your ballot privately.
2. Make your selections
- Completely fill in the oval next to each of your selections on the ballot.
- Complete the front and back of all pages of the ballot.
3. Review your selections
- Check that you have voted all the contests you want to vote and confirm your selections.
- You do not have to vote every contest.
- Check the maximum number of candidates you are allowed to select for each office.
- Do not select more than the maximum number of candidates for each office.
- However, you may select fewer than the maximum number of candidates.
- If you need to change a selection after you mark the ballot, ask a poll worker for a new ballot.
- Do not scan the ballot you want to change.
- Do not try to correct the ballot. Instead, give your spoiled ballot to the poll worker and make your selections again on the new ballot.
4. Submit your ballot
- Take your completed ballot to the ballot scanner and insert it into the scanner.
- A poll worker may be nearby to help you.
- If you see a message saying the ballot was NOT successfully cast, you may need to review your ballot again.
- If you do not understand the message on the screen, ask for help from a poll worker.
- Your ballot is cast when you see a confirmation screen on the scanner.
All images and text from the www.votespa.com web site.